In her blog DIY Show Off, Roeshel shared her story and demonstrated how she DIY a indoor/outdoor dog bed from an old dresser drawer. She used Pantone’s 2013 Color of the Year -emerald for the project because she thought it would be the perfect fun color for the new dog bed she planned to make for her dog CocoRosie. Pantone’s Emerald is one of those colors that would look amazing paired with navy, yellow, tangerine, coral, raspberry, fuchsia or pink. She decided to go girly for her new female furry family member CocoRosie.
Here are the things you will need:
- An old dresser drawer
- Paint (Valspar Signature Paint, semi-gloss, Pantone Emerald and Berry Brown)
- Furniture feet x 4 (also table leg plates/hardware if needed)
- Coordinating pillow or DIY cushion
- Matching parasol/umbrella
- Hardware to attach the parasol to the drawer (hose clamp or pipe strap)
The following is a graphic step-by-step DIY tutorial for making this stylish door bed from a dresser drawer. You can also view the complete tutorial via this link: http://diyshowoff.com/2013/05/21/diy-dog-bed/.